A few months ago I decided to go and get some bloodwork done because JR and I had decided that in the near future we were going to start trying for our 2nd child. I just wanted to make sure that everything looked normal, since my cycles had continued on their usual crazy schedule of about 45 days! Well after the bloodwork, the nurse called me to tell me that I had hypothyroidism. This is not what I was expecting at all, I expected an 'everything looks great'. I was told that I needed medicine everyday for the rest of my life and that I would forever need to get my thyroids checked. A few of the side effects are depression, excessive weight gain, and complications in pregnancies. Now I realize that none of this is life threatening, but I was pretty down and out about it for a few days, just knowing that my body was going to be depending on a medication for the rest of my life. It is not a disease that usually goes away and the thyroid does not heal or get better. Well I took it for about a month and during that time I decided that I was going to trust God with this issue. I had our small group leaders pray healing over me, even though I have to admit that I was pretty sceptical at first. A few weeks later I started to experience reverese effects of the medication which showed that it wasn't working. So I loaded up and headed back for some more bloodwork. This time the blood work showed something a little bit different. My levels had gone down!! Not much, but it was a start!!! I went from 4.54 (the highest normal they will accept is 4.5) and this time they were 4.45!! Yay!! I knew at this moment, that even through my doubts that Christ had healed me and done something in me that I have doubted so many others have had happen to them. I also have another praise that came out of this.... child number 2!! I was told that I would need Clomid again (fertility) to get pregnant this time so I already had it filled and waiting at CVS only to find out that because my thyroid medicine had regulated my cycles for those few weeks that I took it.... I was pregnant!! Oh what a surprise and joy to not have to do fertility and that yet another blessing came out of this!!
So now I was pregnant and decided I needed a second opinion so off to the endocrinologist I went. I was still a little hesitant that my levels would still require medication and still somewhat doubting that I was cured. After talking to the endo, I really really really figured she would put me back on medicine. She said pregnant women cannot have a level above 3.5!! Well there was no possible way that this would happen, I am in the 4's. So she did some blood and I called back a few days later! To my surprise I do not need any medication!!! The nurse did not tell me my levels, I am still waiting for them, but she said they were nowhere near 3 and that I was fine!!! All I can say is "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding". James 5 :15 says that "the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick". Praise his name for the gift of healing and a new life!
What an awesome GOD we serve! Praise Him for healing you.
ReplyDeleteThis is so wonderful! God is so amazing! So happy for y'all and hope to see y'all again soon!
ReplyDeleteGo God! That is so great Amy, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete