This past weekend J.R. , Olivia, and I went down to Gulf Shores for a friend's wedding. We had a great time and it was so nice to get away and have a relaxing long weekend! J.R.'s mom and aunt joined us on Friday to watch Olivia for us so that we could have a little free time and really get to enjoy the wedding and stay out a little bit later than our usual 7:00 pm. :) We were sooo thankful that she was able to come and we really enjoyed getting to all spend some time together. On another note, this was Olivia's very first beach trip. I didn't know how well she would do, since I have her on such a strict schedule but to my surprise she did AMAZING! She slept a good 12 hours most nights and her two naps each day lasted about 2 hours each. I am sure it helped that her room was pitch black, even during the day. So, needless to say we are going to get some black out shades for our house asap. :) She also was great in the car! She slept the entire way down there and most the way back!! Yay!! We took O down to the beach and she loved loved loved the sand! She never really tried to eat it, but she just wanted to let it run through her hands and she wanted to play with the sand stuck to her hands and feet. However, she did not like ocean!! She just wanted her daddy to pick her up. :) So sweet! She did really well laying out by the pool and liked watching all the other kids swim.

Playing with all the sand on her hands :)

Yay, I'm at the beach!!!!

Loving her seashell


Daddy is sooo funny!!

The sand is so neat!!


Look at me Daddy

This was her very first experience with the sand

She was not to sure about those waves coming up to her. She just wanted J.R. to pick her up :)

Our new swimmy suit! You will be seeing this one again for her upcoming birthday party! Yay!

Playing with her B by the pool

All in all, it was a great weekend and a wonderful way to celebrate mothers day!! Olivia (and daddy) got me a spa gift card and I cannot wait to get to use it!! I am ready for yet another relaxing day... haha. You can't have too many of those :)
No comments:
Post a Comment