After 9 months of endless paperwork, homestudy meetings, and being fingerprinted more times than I care to count we are officially on the waiting list with Ethiopia!!! Yay!! My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw that email pop up from our agency. Thankfully, since so many people are now choosing to adopt from Ethiopia the wait list has gotten pretty long so we are #121. At the beginning of each month we will be emailed a new number and keep working our way down. Some months there may be two children that are matched with a family so you only move down 2 spots or there could be 10. You just never know. There have been countless things that I have loved about going down the adoption road but one of my favorites is to watch God's perfect timing in everything. Adoption is such a long journey but I have seen time and time again His perfect love and perfect will displayed in so many of the families and children I have met. It has been a constant reminder to me that no matter how long this process takes that He has got this and His will is so much better than anything that I could come up with on my own. I loved reading Proverbs 19:21 that says "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails". I am thanking Him this morning for that reminder!
I have met so many new friends through our adoption and agency and I noticed that one girl likes to read what Psalms says in regards to her wait list number. For us, I looked up Psalms 121 and it was a perfect fit. :)
Psalms 121
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains: from where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment