Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Temporary Love Lost


 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort. 
2 Cor. 1: 3-7

This is a verse that I have clung to over the past few weeks. Exactly 3 weeks ago my younger brother left this earth and is now with our Heavenly Creator. I miss him so much it hurts at times but I know that if Will could trade places with me right now he wouldn't. He is with his loving Father and with the only person that could possibly love him more than his earthly family. I rejoice in the day that I will get to see Will again in all of his heavenly glory.


This is a blog that my sister wrote last week and I loved her wording. I am not great with words, especially in a time like this, but I echo everything that Ashley put into writing. Here is her blog post...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks ago my life changed forever... 

Two weeks ago today, God called my baby brother to come home. To know my brother was to know humbleness, forgiveness, and acceptance. Will was not perfect, none of us are, but he was forgiven and he forgave. Will was humble and he accepted each person into his life for who they were. Someone made a post about Will that day and it said "Today we lost one of the good guys..." and we did, that day, we lost one of the good guys. 
I came across this poem that Will had and I've had it on my fridge since I found it. I don't know where he got it but I know he looked at it often because the paper is worn. It doesn't have a title and it may not mean a lot to some, but to me, these are the words I believe my brother would speak. This poem has brought me a lot of comfort over the past two weeks. Those times when I am missing him so bad that I don't think I can take another breath, somehow, I am reminded of this poem and it makes me smile a little. 

When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not shouting "I'm clean living."
I'm whispering "I was lost and now I'm found and forgiven."

When I say... "I am a Christian", I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not bragging of success,
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean up my mess.

When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... "I am a Christian", I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who has received God's good grace, somehow!





"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus," Phil. 4:7

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for ya'lls lost Amy, praying for ya'll and lots of love sent your way! Rayne

    ReplyDelete